Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

This error only can be solved if you install the standard HDD and de SSD m.2 drive at the same time

after install on the SSD and make wile installing also the HDD active as normal partition.(systeem reserve go's to HDD)

change in  BIOS Express menu time in seconds to 5 seconds and put the bios into Legency

after this you will have  to set the express boot menu in startup for 5 seconden's delay and no problem will occur anymore.

even in 2018 the BIOS software is not adjusted to resolve this issue

good luck 

HP Recommended

I do not know if I have understood you very well, that is, with your solution the computer starts from the boot sector of the HDD or the SSD?

HP Recommended

When you perform a clean install with Windows 10 Pro you will see the 2 disks.

1 is the 500GB HDD (or what kind of disk your may be using)

2 is the 32GB SSD M.2 into the WWan slot 

when you create a partition on the HDD automaticly the systeem makes a new one of 500MB named Systeem reserved

than install the OS on your SSD M.2 after the install you can create on your HDD an partition for example Data 

once you delay in Bios the multiboot Express pop up delay it with 5 seconds than when you start the systeem you will see the second picture, just do nothing and after 5 seconds your systeem will boot from SSD M.2

the systeem will boot now from SSD everytime you will boot your systeem

Multiboot pop up express to 5 sec delayMultiboot pop up express to 5 sec delayExpress pop up at start systeemExpress pop up at start systeem

HP Recommended

I confirm this is working. Thank you Misterbudde so much. Genius work. Now I need to know is there bigger SSD that would work in that slot. 32gb is kind of small.

HP Recommended

Tx thats this is working. yes there are bigger ssd M.2 ssd on Aliexpress and othter ebay sites 

Good luck with it!

regards Mischa 

HP Recommended

I'm using three operating systems at the same time and clover UEFI bootloader. with your method is still creating the boot partition on the HDD if I'm not wrong that's why you first create a partition on the HDD, right?

HP Recommended

I currently have two EFI partitions one in the m. 2 and another on the HDD and every time I update the m. 2 I also copy it on the HDD and that's how I'm working

HP Recommended

Hi, i only tryed it on 1 simple install with windows 10, and with the signs i gave you you must have succes.

Of cource evething is with finding out by trying gladd that my reply could help you

HP Recommended

Thank you, i will try it

HP Recommended

I am aware that this thread (Probook 640 G1) is more than 2 years old. I found it while searching for Probook 650 G1 M.2 SSD upgrade.

In the 650 G1 manual, the 32 GB M.2 SSD can be placed where the WWAN module is supposed to be, so you lose WWAN functionality by doing that.

But judging from many, many threads and forums, I am just wondering why many, if not most, HP employees are lagging in the awareness and know-how. And it had to be the more adventurous and more curious owners of HP products who would discover and give the final, working solution.

Just my 2 cents worth. Just thinking aloud. I'm really very disappointed. My company disliked HP products when one time, all of the workstations and desktop PCs just stopped working and hanged, and these units were deployed at the client side. Yes, we buy in bulk, configure, deploy at project sites. From then on, It is either Dell or Lenovo. I chose to stay with HP. But with their progress (if at all) in handling these emerging technologies, I am very, very disappointed. Really.

So, is there anybody who can confirm if the Probook 650 G1 (coz I can't find any thread that says so) is able to accommodate M.2 SSD, and if yes, what size, and is it B-key or M-key? (Sorry if I hijacked this thread, but it seems the 'experts' are here).

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.