Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

hello

my HP  ENvy  17        17-j184na iam told by engineers needs new mother which no longer exsists for this machine im told so has to be a refurbished one at £169.99    does this seem reasonable for refurbished ..are new no longer made for an under 2year machine

ut has already been fitted but they cant reinstall windows,,they say when it was refurbished it been completly wiped of codes which would have been put there by HP when made is this true

hope for advuse please

regrds david

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Is EaseUS Todo Backup Free the software that you used?

Then you should be able to remove the old one and replace it with the clone and power and boot right into Windows.

Your notebook should be just as it was when you created the clone with the clone now in place.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

That seems like a reasonable price. It is unfortunately, a sellers market when a part is difficult to come by.

"they say when it was refurbished it been completly wiped of codes which would have been put there by HP when made is this true."  If refurbished, that is probably the truth.  They should be able to give you a good price on a Windows OS. Shops do OEM installs on a regular basis.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

i did clone my hard drive then wipe before it went for repair ....is there away i can put every think back if i have another windows 10 installed    ,,,could i boot from that hard drive with all my info when windows is on my machine again

thank you   david

HP Recommended

If you cloned it previously with Windows 10 you should be able to return the OS to the state of the clone.

I do not what you used to clone the os with so I cannot help you with that. 

More information is always better.

What method and which cloning software did you use?

Have you created recovery media that will help you restore the clone to your notebook?

HP Recommended

hello

sorry i never said i cloned my hard drive with software  called  ToDo    i did a coplete clone of the hard drive ..on to a formatted spare hard drive

thanks  david

HP Recommended

Is EaseUS Todo Backup Free the software that you used?

Then you should be able to remove the old one and replace it with the clone and power and boot right into Windows.

Your notebook should be just as it was when you created the clone with the clone now in place.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.