Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi
my Hp 650 wont turn on only power key light is on for few seconds but wont start. Really need help.and I already try hard reset very carefully bt it's not working.
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello vaibhav_hp,

You are stating that your computer will not turn on, is that correct? I will try to help you with this issue.

If you remove the battery and just try to boot with only the AC charger plugged in, is there any difference?

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
Yes my computer will not turn on.
and I try to hard reset as I see on you tube.
firstly I remove the battery and then push the power button n hold it 10 to 30 sec for electrostatic discharge and plugged the ac power without battery but its not work. Plzz help me.
HP Recommended
I'm having the same problem, did you manage to get yours working in the end?
HP Recommended

Hello Jamesdoherty and vaibhav_hp,

Do either one of you see any other lights on the laptop?

Does the light on the laptop next to the ac adapter come on?

Do you hear any fans spinning?

Did any update come through the last time that it was working?

HP Recommended
No fans or other lights, unsure regarding updates, literally working fine in the morning, go back to do some work, wouldn't turn on in the evening. Very strange, only had (brand new) since December, disappointing as bought for a new business and now I can't work! Any ideas?
HP Recommended

Jamesdoherty,

Try the Hard reset.

Turn the computer off.
Remove the power cable and the battery.
Hold down the power button for 15 sec while booth power sources are removed.

This should reset the hardware in the computer.

If you not getting anything to happen, you may need to call HP and see what options they have to correct the error.

I’m sure the first thing that they will try is to send a new power adapter.

Let me know how everything goes.

HP Recommended
Hello, have tried all the above, I think something may be loose, as I got it to come on, but it immediately switched off when I moved it in the slightest, I'm under warranty, so I guess I can send it back to be fixed?
Thanks
James
HP Recommended

Jamesdoherty,

Sorry to hear that.

Here is a link to a number to call HP.

Let me know how everything goes.

HP Recommended

Try the following guide, I wrote it as I had the same issue as you. https://blog.ed.gs/2014/09/18/hp-650-laptop-wont-turn/

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.