01-09-2012 10:47 PM - edited 01-09-2012 10:50 PM
Whenever I try to restart my hp pavilion dv7 notebook it freezes after it shuts down and as it's restarting.
The first time that it did it was after PC Unleashed did a scan on the computer and then required a restart to finnish after fixing all the problems (like it always does - and there's never been a problem before).
It doesn't matter whether a program requests a restart or I just go into restart - the same thing happens - it freezes on restart.
The screen it freezes on tells me that I need to do a hard disk check - but I go to do that and then it freezes on that screen and won't actually scan the hard disk and it also tells you that you can press the esc button to get out of the hard disk scan - but it won't let you do that either and stays frozen on that screen no matter what button you push.
It will do a normal shutdown and will do a normal start up with no problems.
When you hard shutdown/start up now though it will not give you the option anymore to start it in Safe Mode.
If anyone has any advise at all for what's wrong or what I need to do to fix it I would really appreciate it.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)