Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15da0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About a week ago I was having issues with my Laptop's battery power. It eventually got to the point where it wouldn't last 10 minutes without the charger plugged in. It reached the point where the moment I disconnected the charger from a power outlet, the laptop would die instantly. So i replaced the battery with new one after booting up it was working fine.But at short interval(30min) of time if i try to switch on my laptop on battery power it won't turn on even battery is fully charged.It will turn on if i connect with ac power and its display error 502 check sum invalid ,after that it boots up normally and works fine even i disconnect with ac power supply.And if i shut down laptop and try to power it instantly like within 5 min or so it will switch on even on battery power without any error.Even the battery backup is good since its new. Its  like  behaving like old machine if its left off for a period of time it gets a hard time to start again.any solutuion for this problem

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@bruh8 --  error 502 checksum invalid

Most computers have a small battery, about the size of a $0.25 coin, on the motherboard.

If this battery dies, then you get the above error-message.

A replacement battery is under $5, but paying a technician to disassemble your laptop, to the point where the dead battery can be removed, can be $30 to $60, for 30 to 60 minutes of their labour.

HP Recommended

i checked my laptop after disassembling it and online too .it dosen't conatin the CMOS small battery 😞 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.