Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Perform a system reset on your computer-

1. In Windows, search for and open Check for updates.

2. On the Windows Update window, click Check for updates. If there are any available updates, they begin installing automatically.

For more information about Windows Update, go to HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8, 7).

Checking for any updates with Windows Update

3. Wait for the updates to complete, and then restart your computer if prompted.

4. Check to confirm the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, continue with these steps.

5. In Windows, search for and open Reset this PC.

6. On the Update & Security window, select Recovery, and then click Get started under Reset this PC.

Clicking the Get started button to start the reset process

7. When prompted, select your preferred method of reinstalling Windows.
       CAUTION: 

HP recommends selecting Local install. If your computer has a virus, select Cloud download to use the latest Windows files released from Microsoft instead of the Windows files on the computer.

NOTE:
    • A cloud download cannot be performed on computers with storage capacities of 32 GB or less.

• The cloud download might require more than 4 GB of storage space to download.

• Installation of the downloaded image might exceed 45 minutes on a premium computer with an NVMe solid-state drive.

Choosing cloud donwload or local reinstall.

8. Windows prompts you to select an option for your personal files. Review the following options before you make a selection.

Keep my files or Remove everything options

• Keep my files: When you select this option, the computer:

• Keeps your personal files intact when reinstalling Windows 10.

• Deletes all apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes all changes to settings.

• Deletes all HP apps that came preinstalled on your computer. HP apps are reinstalled if your PC came with Windows 10.

• Remove everything: When you select this option, the computer:

• Removes all personal files when reinstalling Windows 10.

• Deletes all apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes all changes to settings.

• Deletes all HP apps that came preinstalled on your computer. HP apps are reinstalled if your PC came with Windows 10.

NOTE: 

Select this option if you plan to donate, sell, or recycle your PC.

9. Choose an option for your personal files.

• If you want to keep your personal files: Select Keep my files, and then click Reset. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

NOTE: 

During the reset process, your apps are removed. Many of the apps can be reinstalled from the Store. However, if you have apps that are not available from the Store, a message displays a list of those apps. You need to reinstall those apps from the web or from installation discs. A list of the removed apps displays on your desktop after you reset your computer.

Your apps will be removed message

• If you want to remove all your personal files, apps, and settings: Select Remove everything, and then continue with these steps.

10. If you only want to remove everything from the drive where Windows is installed, click Only the drive where Windows is installed. If you want to remove all files from the computer, click All drives.

File removal options

11. If you want to delete your files, click Just remove my files, or if you want to clean the drive, click Remove files and clean the drive.

NOTE: 

If you plan to donate, sell, or recycle your PC, select the option to remove files and clean the drive. This can take several hours but makes it harder for another person to recover files you have removed.

Do you want to clean your drives, too? message

12. Click Reset to confirm your selection, and then begin the reset process.

Windows reinstalls the operating system and the computer restarts.

Clicking the Reset button

you may also refer to -Resetting Your Computer (Windows 10)

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

i've resetted my windows and the problem still there. when will you release new bios update? does everyone have to go to the service centre and ask for the new mainboard to solve this thing?!

HP Recommended

@Ringga14

Thank you for posting back. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

BIOS are managed by the Microsoft and when they release newer version it will be available for you download.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.