Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
My laptop madel is hp pavillion g6-2016tx. It suddenly stopped working while I am watching a movie. Its is also not showing any response on using power button is it dead.
plsplspls!!! need suggestions.
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi shubhu, welcome to the HP Forums. If your computer is not showing any signs of life, then I have the exact troubleshooting you can perform to diagnose the situation. Start at the Hard Reset, but then go to the section "Symptom: LED lights do not glow, display is black, computer does not start" in this document: Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

If this does not fix it, then you will need to contact support for repair options:  HP Technical Support, North America 1-800-474-6836. For all other regions click here.

I hope this helps.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
bro .... have your laptop problem sorted ....??? and if yes can u please help me coz same problem occurred to mine laptop too... please....
HP Recommended

The hinge of my laptop was damaged from inside and it also damaged my power button. My power button was not working, so that's why i am unable to start my laptop.

HP Recommended

it worked thx

HP Recommended

I was watching a movie when unplug lap battery is slow.  So I did kept watching movie 20 minutes after pop up lap top shut off and won’t start back up even when plugged in . 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the same problem but after 2-3 minutes when I touched the mouse pad, it started working as usual

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.