Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp6910p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I tried to install an SSD in my laptop Hp6910p. Although the the SSD works and the laptop has the option "native SATA mode", the SSD is not recognized. Is it possible to install a new BIOS? And how?
Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hiwelt

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Uninstall the new hardware or component, and then reinstall the original component.

3. Press the power button to turn on the computer, and then immediately press the F10 key repeatedly until the Computer Setup Utility opens.

4. Use the arrow keys to select the Security menu, select Secure Boot Configuration, and then press Enter.

Secure Boot Configuration selection in the Security window

5. Press F10 on the Secure Boot Configuration message to continue.

Secure Boot Configuration window

6. Use the arrow keys to select Disable next to Secure Boot, and then select Enable next to Legacy Support.

Secure Boot Configuration window

7. Press F10 to accept the changes.

8. Press F10 again, and then press Enter twice to restart the computer.

Save Changes and Exit selection

9. Type the four-digit code displayed in the Operating System Boot Mode Change message, and then press Enter to confirm the change.

NOTE: Make sure you type the code correctly. There is no text field to see what you are typing. This is expected behavior.

Boot mode change message

10. Turn off the computer. reinstall the new component, and then restart the computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately I don't have the option "Secure boot configuration". I cannot find it anywhere.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

@hiwelt

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's remove and reinsert the SSD drive.

• Step 1: Unplug your laptop from any connected power sources or external cables and unscrew the body to expose the internal hardware. Remove the battery and place it aside.
  • Step 2: Look for any extra screws that may be securing the current drive in place. You will need to unscrew and remove them before you can successfully remove the drive.
  • Step 3: Lift the old hard drive up and carefully remove it at the appropriate angle from its socket.
  • Step 4: Using the same angled technique, insert the SSD and push it firmly into place until it makes full contact with the interface.
  • Step 5: Fasten any necessary screws back into position to ensure a strong, immovable hold. Re-insert the computer battery and screw the back panel back on.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.