Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (107 Views)

new computer set up

Product Name: hp Stream Notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to "set up" the computer for the first time.  I went through the necessary steps-network ID, email, verification info., etc.  I got to the Windows screen and then nothing will happen.  I can't click on any icons at the bottom of the screen, it won't even let me really sign out or shut down.  I am sure the set up process was complete, so I don't know where to go from here.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (71 Views)

Re: new computer set up

[ Edited ]

Hi @skeizer,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues setting up your PC. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I"ll need a few more details: 

Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried to perform a Hard reset on the notebook?

In the meantime, I have found a wonderful document to help you fix this issue. Go to How to: Complete the Windows 10 Out of Box Experience please follow all the steps suggested in the support document.

Let me know if that works!

Good Luck :)

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation