Top Student
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

password incorrect

hp pavillian 24 i5 12gb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i picked up the computer 1 hour ago and started to set it up at my office i restarted the computer and went to log in and it says incorrect password. its the same pw i have for everything i own so i know its not incorrect and the lady on the phone tried to cgarge me 75.00 to change my pw which is **bleep**ing criminal and all i want to do it get the 1k paper wait working 

5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
44411 44147 3309 13855
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

password incorrect

Did you choose to use a Local account with username & password or a Microsoft Connected account with emal and password? Either way -it may be better to just reset the machine to clear password and start fresh since you could actually have hit one wrong key when setting up the password.

http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=cantsignintowindows.net&as=true&section=social&sfs=forum&lan...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
mike169 Top Student
Top Student
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

password incorrect

I used a gmail account and how do you reset the computer completely with out being able to get into it
0 Kudos
mike169 Top Student
Top Student
4 3 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

password incorrect

I have an hp pavilion and didn't see any where to reset the shift doesn't work
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44411 44147 3309 13855
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

password incorrect

You can get to the same options by shutting down completely-then power on>

1. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key about once every second until the Choose and option screen is displayed, and then continue.
  2. On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.
  3. On the Troubleshoot screen
  4. Two options -click Reset this PC or click Recovery Manager and do a fresh install. Not 100% sure the Reset removes password-but HP document says it does and it should work faster.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
mike169 Top Student
Top Student
4 3 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

password incorrect

Thank you i will try
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation