Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (118 Views)

pavilion dv9600 start screen blank if screen not fully open, external screen fine and shows login in

[ Edited ]
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista

pavilion dv9600 entertainment start screen blank if screen not fully open, external screen fine and shows login info

if fully open all is fine, after login screen to the pc it can be partially  closed  or pulled back and will operate in the window environment perfectly

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (83 Views)

Re: pavilion dv6000 start screen blank if screen not fully open, external screen fine and shows l...

Hi @reneC,

Good day! Smiley Happy Thanks for posting your question in the HP Community. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips and to have the best experience in the HP forums. I read the post regarding issues with the display which works at a specific angle. I’ll be glad to assist you with this. Smiley Happy  

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue. Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. Smiley Happy You’ve done some awesome diagnosis and troubleshooting. Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy.

I would require more information regarding this to assist you better.

·         When did this first occur?

·         Please provide the complete model# of the unit.

As this is an older computer, service options with HP may not be available as the parts for this unit is not supplied anymore by our business partners. I request you to contact a technician locally, like Best Buy or Staples and get the situation corrected.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (80 Views)

Re: pavilion dv6000 start screen blank if screen not fully open, external screen fine and shows l...

its a pavilion DV9600 ca entertainment pc 

itried to isolate the problem by opening the screen and detaching it to see if the hinges had anything to do with the problem it is the screen itself that causes the issue.

until windows logs in appears the screen has to be fully opened then you can change the position and everything is fine.

i though of a possible mercury switch that would tel the position of the screen but found none , what is part of the screen that would detect its position i wounder 

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (70 Views)

Hi @reneC,

I read your post and thanks for the super quick reply. I see that you are technically very competent. Hats off to you for that. Smiley Happy It is an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

As the unit is an older unit, I would recommend that  you contact a technician locally to get it fixed.Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a fabulous week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation