Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-w001np
Linux

Hello,

yesterday I left my laptop on hibernate mode (closed the lid without shutting down) and today it does not charge or turn on.

This happened to me before, and I removed the battery connection to the motherboard and pressed the power button for 1 minute, and it worked. Now I tried the same procedure and it does not work.

When I plug the power cord, with or without the battery connected, the USB-C led blinks the white led once every 5 seconds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Miguel

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@MiguelOliveira,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is not getting charged.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you using Linux OS or Windows OS?

If you are using the Windows operating system, then I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi The_Fossete

I am using Linux. Ubuntu 18.04. But I have dual boot. Also windows.

How should I update the bios if the laptop does not turn on?

Regards,

Miguel

HP Recommended

@MiguelOliveira HP doesn't recommend using dual boot, and we do not support linux as of now, hence we request you to use only the windows OS, that said, the issue could have been caused due to an automatic update not being installed correctly creating a corruption, I suggest we perform a BIOS recovery using the below steps:

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

Keyboard highlighting the key presses for BIOS recovery

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 3 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Riddle_Decipher, thanks for your help.

I have tried what you suggest. Does not work. Still have the same blink near the usb c every 5 secs, and nothing else works.

Where can I find the motherboard's manual so I can understand what the blink means? Ŝhould I try to disassemble the RAM, disk or something else and plug it back in?

Also, the power button feels a bit strange. It is on the side and does not click when you press. It was always likethis and it turned on the laptop  but now I am not sure if it is ok.

This happened because I left the laptop run out of battery in Linux Ubuntu. I know hp does not support, but I myself do not support windows :-), so perhaps I should just stop buying HP laptops? This is my fourth or fifth HP laptop and they all worked fine  with Linux ... 

HP Recommended

@MiguelOliveira,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. I will  do as you suggest and report back.

HP Recommended

Hello @The_Fossete

I called this support you mention. They suggested a hard reset, once I said it did not work they said it must go for repair with a budget the total of the motherboard price!!!

This is really bothering me. Apparently this problem is extremly common in HP Spectre X360 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-X360-won-t-turn-on/...

Funny how it is often 5 or 6 months after warranty is expired. 

Please give me an alternative other than just calling to some support which is only interested in selling a new motherboard for 500€, while keeping the old one which is problably going into some refurbished laptop in the near future.

As I said, I really like HP laptops and I hope this will not be the end of it.

Thanks in advance.

Miguel

HP Recommended

@MiguelOliveira,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.