Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp spectre x360 13-ap0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

this is my first message here, im pleased to be here.

i would ask you if it is possibile to power on or power on from hibernation just opening the display panel.

Currently it power on (resume) only if system is in suspension mode.

i've looked for long time in control panel and power settings but only find what to do where display is closed.

Thank you if advance

Bye

Federico

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Federfra I'm afraid that seems to be the limitation as this is the max we can customize this option, there are no other steps to try!

I hope you understand!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Federfra Welcome to HP Community!

I'm afraid that option is limited to commercial products alone, that said, you could try the below steps to check if it works:

1. Open the Win+X menu, and click/tap on Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.

(Add)
powercfg -attributes SUB_BUTTONS 99ff10e7-23b1-4c07-a9d1-5c3206d741b4 -ATTRIB_HIDE

3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

Once done, go to the power options > advanced settings and if the below options are visible, make the appropriate changes:

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle,

thanks for reply. I ve run the command on cmd as administrator:

powercfg -attributes SUB_BUTTONS 99ff10e7-23b1-4c07-a9d1-5c3206d741b4 -ATTRIB_HIDE

but seems nothing is happened. I still didn't see 'lid open action' as you can see in the screenshot below (my sistem has Italian language). I have also rebooted windows.

Cattura.PNG

Thank you

Bye Federico

HP Recommended

@Federfra As I mentioned this option may not be available for your device, however, we can try a few more advanced steps if you are comfortable with the same, follow the below steps:

Download and merge this file with your registry: Click here to download (once file is downloaded, right click and select merge),

• Or Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.
  • When prompted, click/tap on RunYes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

then check the same power option window as mentioned earlier to check if the option has appeared, make the necessary changes by using > turn on the display on both plugged & battery.

Let me know how that pans out.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle,

thank you, now i can see the option.

Cattura.PNG

However when PC is shutted down or in hybernation mode the system did not start when lid is opened.

Lid opening start the system only if in suspension mode.

thank you again

Best

Federico

HP Recommended

@Federfra I'm afraid that seems to be the limitation as this is the max we can customize this option, there are no other steps to try!

I hope you understand!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your time Riddle, I think you're right.

By 

Federico

HP Recommended

@Federfra

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.