01-29-2017 08:39 AM
I installed the old bios version on my computer.(presario v6420et)
The LED lights are on and 1 long 2 short serial beep sounding and
blank screen when it starts again. Try a hard reset but not any changes.
Can you help me.
01-30-2017 09:34 AM
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)
As I understand the computer is not booting into the windows anymore,
To provide an accurate solution,
I'll need a few more details:
Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?
Please click on the below links once you identify the blink code and resolve the issue:
Start with Restoring the BIOS, since the issue began after the Bios installation,
Keep me posted,
If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.
I am an HP Employee
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)