04-30-2017 10:54 AM - edited 04-30-2017 10:56 AM
i have hp probook 4330s and i have a password in the bios
can anyone help me to remove the password cause i forgot it
04-30-2017 10:59 AM
We are sorry as there is no master password or generator for EliteBooks or ProBooks.
HP Business Notebooks such as Probooks or Elitebooks have more stringent security than consumer models infact they don't produce 'halt codes', the password cannot be derived from the Serial Number and the code is stored in non-volatile memory so removing the RTC cell will not reset the password in this case.
Please Contact HP Business Notebook support they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.
When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employee
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)