cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

product information not valid

HP Recommended
hp 250 g4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all

I get an error message at boot:

"

product information not valid

the following product informationprogrammed into the system board is missing or not valid

System Board (00A) - system board ct number

"

I've tryed to solve following this:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/System-Board-00A-Error/td-p/3302...

but it gives me error because I think it's not the right DMIFIT utility.

If I get the right DMIFIT utility I think thaat I can solve this because I found the right CT number in the system info...

Thanks

Luca

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,475
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @lucabrucius,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I understand that you that you need assistance with an error “Product information not valid” I will be delighted to assist you.;)

You’ve done an excellent job on diagnosing the issue from your end. Kudos to you on that score. It is always a privilege to work with tech-savvy and technically competent customers like you. We greatly value your relationship with HP. You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.

It certainly looks like the product and serial numbers are missing from the bios and hence the operating system is no being authenticated by the notebook’s system board. You will need to contact HP phone support to correct the situation by visiting this link: http://hp.com/contacthp and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please check this link out for more information: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443496

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

I

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Davidsmp

thanks for your support,

I've contatted HP service but my pc is out of warranty from 2 month... they give me an estimate for the work too much expensive...

so I am tryng to fix it by myself...

thanks

Luca

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,475
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @lucabrucius,

I reviewed the post. I thank you for it. At the outset, you've been phenomenal in your technical skills and expertise. kudos to you for that. I am glad that I have had the privilege to share this platform with you. Trust me I've done all I can to help.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.:) 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation