Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 250 G6

Dear HP,

This morning my desktop booted prompting "Administrator or Power On Password" . Before taht, I try to remove administrator password and setup as clear. After startup my notebook again on booted prompting the password

Quick Facts:

1) HP 250 G6

2) Windows 10

3) Requesting "Administrator or Power On Password" at booting.

4) I  hit enter 3 times and The code is i 53402486.

5) I have tried the solution of removing the case and removing the CMRS battery + holding power button for 20 secs to restart from scratch but it did not work.

6) I can provide the serial number for the computer if that helps you generate the relevant "Power On" password.

Looking forward for your help, as our business depends on this computer to be operational!

Robert

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.