Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 15-ab121dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a formatted 1 tb drive (tested good) 4gb of memory (tested good) bios is f.11. I cannot get anything to boot. I try my usb windows 10 and i get the first blue squares and then the revolving circle and then it goes blue screen. I have tried various other utility usb drives and it's always the same, blue squares, revolving dotted circle and then a reboot to a blue screen. Before I formatted the hard drive on another computer, it had windows 10 installed and did the very same thing on boot. I have tried other hard drives on this laptop with a previously installed win 10 installation and it's always the same thing. An eternal loop. Just cannot get past those blue squares. Anyone have any idea how to proceed? I've been working on this laptop all afternoon. thx 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

OMG... fixed it, i think. I updated the Bios to f.54. But it took me a few hours to get the .bin file out of the exe file and then learn how to apply it in dos mode. Jeez And that was after a few hours of checking anything and everything

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.