1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

reseting my bios on a HP EliteBook 8560P

HP EliteBook 8560p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am new here so exuse my if I use the wrong format.

But I have a HP EliteBook 8560p and I am planning to resinstal windows on it, but I though: "while I am doing that let's use efi mode so my laptop works better and stuff". But the probem is that the bios is kinda locked down and I can only change a few things. And if I click set defalt options it doesn't reset the whole bios. tho I know I could rest it becase I see the tpm option... only it's grey and i can't select it.

Now this bios works kinda weird with user accounts. And I don't have the orginial windows 7 on it. And there's no admin account in the bios available.

I would be so happy if I could find a solution and don't have to re-solder my motherboard. Or the just use HP recovery becase that's not there anymore (as I just said).

Hope to find some solustion

Aidan

(Sorry my bois is dutch I can't change that as I just told.)

IMG_0668[1].JPG

(That win7 account is a deleted win7 dualboot... I installed a version of windows 7 which i didn't had a lince key for).

IMG_0669[1].JPG

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation