Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
spectre x360 - 13 - 4129na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP spectre x360 bought in Nov 2016 was working fine until last week. Suddenly my laptop stopped detecting charger last week. When I plug in the charger, the led light was not turning on. The laptop was working fine until the charge in the battery drained. When I try to boot it, I get blinking white light (charger led). Not sure how do I solve this problem? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Bala_kl,

Try updating the BIOS and chipset drivers on the PC to the latest version.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Update the chipset drivers using this link. Click Here

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Remove the AC adapter and discharge battery capacity to 10 percent or lower.
Re-connect the AC adapter and check if the battery can be charged to 95 to 100 percent (95 to 100% is normal).
If upgrading to F.45 does not fix the issue, replace the battery.
If replacing the battery does not resolve the issue, follow the standard repair process to get the issue resolved.

Run Power Troubleshooter.

On Cortana, enter  Troubleshooter then select Troubleshooting.
Click Improve power usage to open the window, then click Next. 
This should run the troubleshooter and can fix any detected issues. You may try restarting your computer and charge your battery again.

Lastly, try running a battery and AC adapter test using the HP support assistant and check if the hardware components on the PC are functioning correctly.

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the message. There is no charge in the battery and laptop is not detecting the charger. So how can I even try these things? When I tried to switch on the laptop, I get the blinking white led. I believe once the laptop starts detecting the charger, the battery will start charging and could solve the issue. The reason I am telling you this is, the laptop was working fine until the battery drained but it stopped detecting the charger somehow.

HP Recommended

Hi! @Bala_kl,

Thanks for writing back to us.

As the issue still persists, you need to try checking with an alternate adapter.

If the issue still persists after trying with an alternate adapter.

It is a hardware issue with the PC. Please contact HP support for service options.

Contact HP support using this link. Click Here

Take Care! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.