Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I got a school computer from my school for online learning during the covid 19 lockdown, but now it's just kinda... stuck in BIOS administrator mode, and i have NO clue what that means. Does anyone know how i can get the computer out of That mode?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sawyer729 

NO -- no one here can help you, and you need to leave it ALONE!  Since the pandemic, schools are issuing these by the THOUSANDS now and they have them all locked up TIGHT so no one, -- not you, not us -- can mess with them.

If you start HACKING away at it, you're only going to DAMAGE it, and if you do that, they are likely to charge your parents either for the repair or for the replacement.  It's not YOUR laptop, it's THEIRs -- so have THEM take care of it.

With any problems with this, your only working recourse is to return the laptop to the school where they will either fix it (which is unlikely) or they will issue you a replacement.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.