Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, when I start the computer I get the message about product information. The serial number and the product number (sku). Also, then a window appears where it tells me to unlock the MPM and lock it again to recover data ...

I've been reading and it seems that I require a SFC.bin to unlock the MPM.

I have the BIOS updated to the latest version available on the page and the UUID is in FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. I have tried options like wndmifit but it tells me the same about the MPM ...

Besides being annoying, this is giving me an error that is logged in the event viewer as KERNEL-POWER. Every 30 minutes exactly after power on, the laptop shuts down immediately (as if power was lost). It is not the battery, it is not overheating, it has all the drivers in its latest version, the windows installation is clean. I have tried with battery and AC adapter, without battery and with AC adapter, with another OS, even in BIOS, with everything the same result is obtained, 30 minutes after power-on it shuts down.

As I found, the BIOS does a hardware check based on the data it has about the product, if it finds problems, it shuts down.

I also tried to recover the BIOS (with win + B) it remains the same. I downgraded and tested, it also remains the same. It does not matter if it is in rest, or with stress test, it turns off after 30 minutes, the same in safe mode. I have changed ram modules, disconnected the ssd, the wireless card, nfc ... all the disconnectable devices and it remains the same. All these hardware elements I have tested on another laptop and they work without problems.

I can only try to solve those errors of lack of information that jump at the beginning. Can you help me please?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.