Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
G6T85UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

next to the power in the white light is flashing. the battery is at 72% and not charging even though it is plugged in. cannot remove the battery easily as you would have to remove the entire case to access it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@drune256

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have an I understand that you have an HP ENVY 15-u011dx x360 Convertible PC. I read that the battery charge is at 72% and says plugged in and not charging. The charging light where the charger connects is white and blinking. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop?

Are you using the original charger that came with the laptop?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Now let us uninstall the battery drivers and reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• Open the device manager. 
  • Expand "Batteries". Right click on the ACPI battery drivers and select uninstall. If there are multiple entries of the ACPI battery drivers then uninstall them all.
  • Close the device manager.Restart the laptop.
  • The Windows operating system will reinstall the battery drivers while restarting. 

It is a good idea to download and run a BIOS update for your laptop via this link. The charger must be connected until the BIOS update is complete to avoid any power interruptions due to battery draining out. 

Post a successful BIOS update,  you may check if the battery charges fully. If not then please perform the steps as described in detail in this HP document. These steps help in testing and calibrating the battery. 
NOTE: Please skip the steps mentioned in "Test and calibrate the battery using HP Support Assistant".

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. 

Good luck! 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@drune256

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have an I understand that you have an HP ENVY 15-u011dx x360 Convertible PC. I read that the battery charge is at 72% and says plugged in and not charging. The charging light where the charger connects is white and blinking. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop?

Are you using the original charger that came with the laptop?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Now let us uninstall the battery drivers and reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• Open the device manager. 
  • Expand "Batteries". Right click on the ACPI battery drivers and select uninstall. If there are multiple entries of the ACPI battery drivers then uninstall them all.
  • Close the device manager.Restart the laptop.
  • The Windows operating system will reinstall the battery drivers while restarting. 

It is a good idea to download and run a BIOS update for your laptop via this link. The charger must be connected until the BIOS update is complete to avoid any power interruptions due to battery draining out. 

Post a successful BIOS update,  you may check if the battery charges fully. If not then please perform the steps as described in detail in this HP document. These steps help in testing and calibrating the battery. 
NOTE: Please skip the steps mentioned in "Test and calibrate the battery using HP Support Assistant".

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. 

Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

thanks so much. it is charging now. also updated the bios . again thanks

HP Recommended

@drune256

You're most welcome.

I'm glad that the issue is fixed and the battery charges well. You've been fabulous to work with considering your superb technical skills, remarkable patience and great attitude. Kudos to you for that.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I haven't used this laptop in quite a while. Now the battery is at 30 % and not charging. It's not being used and is not plugged in anymore. It's been plugged in for several months with no use. The battery failed testing so I guess I need a new battery. How much does one cost and what model battery. 

Thanks 

dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.