Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 6 (4,565 Views)

the touchpad of probook 4540s i5 freezes after sometime

[ Edited ]

the touchpad of my 4540s i5 freezes after some time of working.this happens from time to time.i unstalled Synaptics TouchPad Driver and restalled but probles is the same.OS windows 8(64bit)

Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 6 (4,546 Views)

Re: the touchpad of probook 4540s i5 freezes after sometime

Hello zamsam,

I understand that your touchpad will freeze.

Do a hard reset.
Turn the computer off.
Remove the power cable and the battery.
Hold down the power button for 15 sec while booth power sources are removed.

This should reset the hardware in the computer.

As you power it back on tap the F2 key. This will load hardware diagnostics.
Run the startup test.

This will test all the hardware in the system and detect any problems.

If the entire test passes, turn off the computer.
As you turn it back on tap the F10 key. This will load BIOS setup utility.
Press F9 to load defaults.
Press F10 to save and exit.

When the computer boots back up, check to see if everything is working.

Your computer is one of our business models.

Your question maybe better answered on our business forums.

Here is a link to the business forums.

Top Student
Message 3 of 6 (4,514 Views)

[ Edited ]

hi

i tried a hard reset.but the proble continues.it is as this. after sometime of  booting the computer freesing occures which lasts for about 45 seconds and then works fine again and it can occure again sometime later. when i unstall the driver touchpad works without any trouble.something with the driver it seems.please help me.

thanks.

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 6 (4,506 Views)

Hello zamsam,

Your ProBook is a Business model.  Your issue would be best answered on the HP Enterprise Business Community Forum

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (4,167 Views)

FIX: Finally found the quick if not very weird fix to this frustrating problem.

After reading every possible forum on this issue and trying every single fix I finally gave up.  Most but not all of the people who have this exact model in my office have this same problem.  The weird thing was that not all had experienced it and that it never happened to anyone whilst at work.

Fix: try turning off the lights around where your laptop is plugged in.  I know this sounds weird but 6 months after giving up on this problem it just made sence to me. now I am turning the bedside light on and the synaptics freezes, turn it off and full control comes back, how bizar.  The weird thing is it's only one of the types of light in my hotel room that does it and even then if it's pointed directly at it its not a problem it's only the reflected light from this type of bulb. **bleep** right? must be a certain hz frequency it doesn't like, anyway i'm 100% sure its this so hope it helps others with this very frustrating problem.

Student
Message 6 of 6 (1,149 Views)

Re: FIX: Finally found the quick if not very weird fix to this frustrating problem.

I also experience the same kind of problem and did all driver update and boot ..

whoah! this fix is sooo weird but it works like a charm! 

Thanks a lot for sharing!! :)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation