Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy 4 notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hi details of laptop r

hp envy 4 notebook

B6T94PA#ABG

SERIAL [edit]

ive reinstalled other hp laptops in past but this one my grandson was given that had a stuffed hdd in it , that i have replaced with new and identical type.

this model tho does not have legacy in bios or secure boot either, so cant get it to recognise usb stick which was created using rufus 3.0

IMG_0734.JPGIMG_0735.JPG

as u can see neither are there, so how do you reload off usb stick please

tony

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the USB flash drive shows up as a bootable device when you plug it into the USB 2 port on the right side of the PC.

You can't boot from a USB 3 port on that model, I do not believe.

HP Recommended

hi yep actually tried all 3 usbs just in case of a fault, all i get if i click esc at start up and then choose f9 is a white underline appears at the end of the blue hp website address and same line appears on its own top left corner of a black screen if i just press f9 at startup

tony

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.