01-21-2011 06:48 PM
I've just installed Windows 7 on my hp pavilion tx1420us and I think I'm having video driver issues.
During installation the following items were said to stop working:
-Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1
-HP Quick Launch Buttons
My main problem though is with the video performace. When playing almost any kind of video file with Windows Media Player the Computer will freeze completely, requiring a forced shutdown with the power button. Also when attempting to play a dvd, i got a error dialog box:
"Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card."
Hp's driver site doesn't list any drivers for Windows 7, but are there compatible windows drivers for newer machines?
My display adapter is; NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150
01-21-2011 07:28 PM
Try the following display driver (Windows 7)
download and install Nero, to play dvd's. I hope it works.
reply, if the issue gets fixed ..
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)