Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It is happening to HP Touchsmart 9100 Desktop All In One's as well. The fix you have used does not work on these as the set up is different.

HP Recommended

Ok so I've been dealing with this issue for several years reading post after post changing one thing or another.  I have bought countless replacement batteries and replacement adaptors thinking it would solve the problem temporarily  after each time the screen turns black I would go back to my research vowing that I didn't want to go buy another battery and that the problem was something else.

Finally came across the you tube post about the chip and heating it with a bulb  so I said well I'm not doing that  then I thought the you tube post said for hp touch smart tx 1000 and I thought well I have a tx2 1270 so surely with my model if it is the chipset problem it would have been fixed by HP by the time this model came out  obviously not.

This is truly upsetting that this is a manufacturer problem and after warranty is over the problem arises 

Just by luck I tried the blow dryer trick and sure enough after needing to use this computer and each day trying to get it to come on and boot it  all that time and the blow dryer whether that was the correct solution or not it sure did come on.

Since my problem hasnt been resolved with an updated model how do I get hp to fix or resolve my problem without having to spend more money on a problem that is not related to user malfunction

HP Recommended
Hp would not fix it, they simply don't care about customers. Mine was still under warranty when it happened first with the TX-1000 then with the TX2. And they gave me the run around for months till I just gave up. I fixed both myself sold it and never bought another HP product again. My Canon and Asus products work fine without any issues and I pass that info. to all my friends, family and customers. Don't let HP waste your time, just buy a Asus Laptop Micro Center have a simple one for $199.00 just my 2 cents.
HP Recommended
I just ran into this post. And I am experiencing this issue! I truly want to have this corrected. I purchased my laptop direct from HP, and paid a large some of money for it. I even contacted HP support a few times and had no response other than my extended warranty was up and they thought my motherboard may be the cause, and it was no longer in sale. My laptop honestly has been tremendous, and still useful in comparison to current ones. If there had been a class action lawsuit that was settled on a defect, I wholeheartedly expect it to be fixed. I truly like HP, and their products, I want an HP revolve g3 as it is the closest one available to my tx2z, that is no dead. I paid for upgrades and customization. Please help me with this!
HP Recommended
You're out of luck with HP. This issue is with the majority of their PC's with a AMD graphic chip, I know because I had 2 of the TX models and they both had that issue without any resolve from HP. They DO NOT HELP!! Warranty or not this company use to make quality PC's and printers, not anymore. They will give you the run around till you give up that's there new policy. Buy Asus you'll be much happier and forget about HP helping you.
HP Recommended
I am having the same problem HP. Can you guys do anything to keep your customers happy? We deserve better than this. You guys know you messed up, admit it, or don't, but please help me fix my computer at least. It would be really nice to have it for school instead of a $1000 paper weight.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.