Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was having trouble logging on and using this notebook.  There are circles on the screen that flash on and off and seem to take the focus. Sometimes they even kidnap the mouse.  i planned to do some diagnostics and troubleshooting.

I booted in to safe mode and instead of booting properly, it brought up a screen that said my PIN is not available.  there is a link to set a new PIN but if I choose it, it prompts me to load something from the Store.  When I attempt that, the screen reverts to the logon screen telling me the PIN is unavailable.  

i ran diagnostics, extensive diagnostics and everything passed.

I tried to change the boot sequence but there are just two options, neither of which is USB drive. The first option references UEFI and is the default.  The other option is to boot to an EFI file which goes nowhere.

i don't have the hidden Administrator revealed, just two user profiles.  How can I log on to try to repair this notebook?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@janeyrae48 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

Sorry, but we can't help you with PIN resets.  Here are some steps you can try:

1) Click/tap on the Can't access your account link
2) Select why you can't sign into your account and click/tap on Next
3) Enter the email address of your Microsoft account, type in the characters displayed onscreen, and click/tap Next
4) Select how you would like to get your security code to verify your identity, click/tap Next

If those don't work, you will have to contact your regional HP Customer Support location directly for assistance.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I was able to change the boot sequence so that part of the problem is solved. 

HP Recommended

thank you for the link to regional.  I will try that route.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.