cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
vsalkan
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

upgrade for ssd

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-bc001nt (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have  HP Pavilion 15-bc001nt (ENERGY STAR). i want to uprage it sdd. I had bought  WD Blue SN570 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD then  i change  from my laptop but it is not working. What should i do?  is ti  eghough update bios ? or something? please hep me 

1 REPLY 1
CharlieItuah1
Level 7
1,033 1,027 70 94
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @vsalkan the reason why the SSD is not working is most likely because your model of laptop supports  M.2 SATA storage types and the WD Blue SN570 NVMe™ SSD is an NVMe type storage.

The communication drivers and interface between NVMe and SATA are completely different as SATA uses AHCI drivers that are designed for hard disk drives (HDD) with spinning technology while the NVMe driver is specifically designed for SSDs with flash technology.

You can find a list of compatible SSDs for your laptop here

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/pavilion-15-bc001nt

You can also check out the service manual for your laptop here.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06325755.pdf

1 person found this reply helpful
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation