Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

very slow startup on windows 10 hp pavillion 15 ab032tx

HP pavillion15 ab032tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Earlier windows 8 used to boot within 1 minute but after upgrading it to windows 10 it take about 6 to 7 minutes to boot.

actually it seems like it boots twice, the HP logo remains on screen like normal boot then after a minute screen goes blakg for a second and then again hp logo appears in same booting condition.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
16212 16155 1509 3598
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

very slow startup on windows 10 hp pavillion 15 ab032tx

ritesh418

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about your Win10 booting problems and wanted to help.

First of all, the double-splash is a side-effect of some Win10 upgrades -- as I get that on my PC, too.  The Anniversary Update, coming out in early August, is supposed to correct that, but don't be surprised if it does not.

As to slow booting, go into Control Panel - Open Control Panel --> Power Options.
Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
Select "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
At the bottom of the Window, under Shutdown settings, look at the the box regarding fast startup

Is it checked?

If not, check it.  That will enable the new hibernation option with Win10 which SHOULD get you faster boot times.

HOWEVER, like so many other things with Win10, it can actually seriously slow down booting, as well.  So, if the boot time gets longer, then go back and uncheck the box.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation