Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

You said I have V17? I have V7.4 not 17 though. V7.4 has no illumination options. Can I still download the version you recommended and not have any compatible issues. Forgot to mention I have a dv6-3250us HP laptop too.

HP Recommended

I'm unsure what version you have, but you said it was the latest, so I'm assuming it's v17. If you go to your Control Panel and select "Uninstall a Program" you should see what version of Synaptics is installed on the far right of the window.

Synaptics 16.3.15.1 has support for your trackpad, so you'll be fine trying them out. If you don't like it after installing, you can always go back to what you have now. Good luck 🙂

HP Recommended

I told you twice I have Synaptics ClickPad v7.4. The latest driver I have is 15.3.29.0.

HP Recommended

I apologize, didn't mean to upset you.

You can still install 16.3.15.1 (driver) for your ClickPad v7.4 if you like, that would be my recommendation, best of luck.

HP Recommended

you didn't upset me. i was trying to make it clear which version i have so i don't have an issue when downloading and installing something that may cause problems w/my laptop is all. didn't know if it was compatible? thanks for trying. i'll give it a shot and see if it will work?? if not i'll do a system restore. thanks again. 🙂

HP Recommended

ok. i downloaded and installed it and there still was no illumination option settings. what was odd was that after downloading and installing the driver my touchpad was enabled and had the orange light on but when I disabled it (and no idea if it is now temporarily or permanently disabled as it didn't have the option to permanently do this)...when I disabled it the orange light went off. i have to restart my pc to see if this is temporarily disabled or not.

HP Recommended

Interesting, let me know how it turns out after the restart.

HP Recommended

After writing previous post, I restarted it and it enabled during start up with orange light on but once I logged in, touchpad disabled and orange light went off but I have no Illumination Options still in settings. So if I turn on touchpad I will still see annoying orange light. There's should be a way to enable the illumination  option setting in regedit or something?? for now at least the orange light is off and touchpad is disabled but am still looking for the illumination options in settings still.

HP Recommended

That is odd, the same thing happens with my trackpad, except I have the  Illumination option.

Quick question, did you upgrade on top of the 15.3.29.0 drivers, or were they uninstalled first before installing the 16.3.15.1 drivers?

HP Recommended

you told me to uninstall driver first correct? or did i misunderstand you? i have never had the illumination options. is there a way to show it by editing in registry or regedit?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.