Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-by0088cl

I have a 5-6 year old HP laptop serial # [Personal Information Removed]     Product # 4w86jua#aba. This laptop's battery quit charging about 2-3 weeks ago yet I kept using it plugged into power, then a few days ago the computer would not boot up.. Now all I get when turning on computer is a black screen with commands at the top left corner of screen. The computer asks if I want to troubleshoot but it could not find the problem.
My question is since the battery quit charging weeks ago would that have anything to do with the computer not booting up. also there isn't a battery compartment on the bottom of computer. just a full size cover over the entire back. Assuming that is where the battery is. Will a new battery solve this problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.