Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
SPEKERDUDE Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

windows 10 wont load after driver update

touchsmart 14-n047ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help!

i know a bit more than the average person about computers and i can usually resolve my computer issues on my own but im stumped!

the first time i had an issue was a couple months ago when amd prompted me to update my graphics driver, so i did....

after updating  i restarted the computer and i would get to the windows loading screen then,  a black screen with just the loading "ring" shownig. i restarted the machine a few times asnd got the same thing,  so eventually i got to the startup repair screen and i used system restore to bring the computer back to the point before i installed the new driver. after that it worked fine for a few months.

just last week i had the same issue with the black loading screen so i did a system restore again andt windows loaded fine after that, until the screen went to sleep then it refused to come back on and would not boot up again. i had not updated the graphis driver so im not sure what caused it this time

and since then thats what has been happening i have tryed restarting it time after time and it will eather freeze at the black loading screen, or will  boot into windows very slowly, then crash again.

i have also tryed system restore a few more times and it just boots up once then crashes again

i have even tryed repalcing the hard drive and putting a fresh windows 10 install on it and it, but  just does the same thing again.

the strangest thing for me is that it seems to work just fine with linux(ubuntu) or windows 7, but it will not work with windows 10!

the laptop is only a couple years old and it came with windows 8.1. and i know it is able to run windows 10 becuse it did just fine for at-least 9 months before all this started

im out of ideas, if anyone can think of any reason this might have happened please let me know

im sorry for any grammer issues you might have found

thankyou  

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7692 420 572
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

windows 10 wont load after driver update

@SPEKERDUDE, welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that your HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-n047ca Notebook PC does not work with windows 10.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the links provided below:

Link 1: Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8)

Link 2: Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Let me know how that works.
I hope you have a good day ahead.
Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation