Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have updated today the BIOS to 1.16 and the Intel ME - from the HP Softpaq Download Manager - today and it has indeed fried the Zbook as well. First it stopped recognizing the TB dock, and after a couple of changes to the security settings to see if would work, the fans go on at 100% and the Caps lock and Num lk lights blink 5 times, wich means that there is some kind of HW error.

I am astounded that HP has drivers and firmware in their site that can literally fry a laptop's MB.

HP Recommended
It sounds like you are having a different issue. The Intel ME update back when I started this topic was the wrong one would render the motherboard unusable.

If you've updated the BIOS and Intel ME and the laptop posted afterwards and booted into your OS then your issue is not what this topic covers.

If you are experiencing a similar situation with the fan at 100%, lights blinking and beeping sound you need to contact HP support.

We have 5 of these laptops which all have had the latest firmwares applied and use docks. We run into random connectivity and video issues using the docks but haven't had the same issue you are experiencing.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.