1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Issues

HP Pavillion Gaming Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an hp pavillion gaming laptop. 

I've only had it for about a couple of months and now the battery doesn't seem to be working. It says 0% available (plugged in, not charging). I've tried some of the methods to see if the battery would work again like hard reseting  and even did a battery test. With the battery test it told me that I need to replace the battery which i'm hoping that's not the issue because it only means that it's a matter of time before the replacement battery stops working too.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,389 2,240
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Issues

Hi @daishawnpugh,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

I understand you are having an issue on your HP Notebook with the battery charging and wanted to help.

Which specific Notebook do you have? This document will help you get the specific model number for your system.

Is the system able to power on with just the battery installed? What about with the battery removed and using just the AC adapter?

You may want to start with this document which will guide you through the troubleshooting both the adapter and battery along with how to calibrate the battery.

For more general battery performance information you can click here.

If you wish to test the adapter just to rule it out here is a link to assist you. Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter

Please get back to me on how you make out with these documents. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation