Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17t Gaming laptop Intel Core i7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About 2 weeks ago my computer would not start unless I used a hard reset (30 seconds of holding the power button..). At first, could start with battery & power connected for a few days.  Then it would not start with battery in system but if connected to power, it would power up.  Then about the 4th of November, it has only powered up 1 day for several restarts as it did updates.

Symptoms of it not going to power up is when hit power button, the light will stay on and then 15 to 20 seconds in, you hear the fan, then sometimes sense that it is trying to do something but all that happens is the cycle seems to repeat.  There is never anything on screen and appears to be no way to get to system diagnostics or bios or anything. 

In the past, if you hit the power button and powered down several times without a successful boot, it would automatically go into the troubleshooting but it isn't ever reaching the "boot" stage.  Took it to Geek Squad and wanted an estimate; they opinion was that the motherboard would need to be replaced and that it may have damaged other things.  Took it to a local computer repair store and their evaluation is that it will need a new motherboard before they can even do any troubleshooting.

Trying to find a motherboard so that I can get some idea what repair will be.  I am thinking a rebuilt motherboard or used one I would like to avoid as I don't need further problems.

The computer is 2 years old as of tomorrow and has been very reliable.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@fvine 

It use system board part #  915467-601 which is MOTHERBOARD DSC 1050 4GB i7-7700HQ WIN  10 as shown on the following link:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=2RY47UA

(Please keep or bookmark the above link for future references).

You have to pay for new system board which has

(a) Motherboard,

(b) CPU / Processor

(c) GPU if available

(d) New Windows license (you can't reuse old license)

Because all 4 above components are on one piece of hardware called system board.

Note: MOTHERBOARD DSC 1050 4GB i7-7700HQ WIN  means (a) Motherboard (b) i7-7700HQ (c) Discrte GTX 1050 with 4GB (d) Windows 10 Home licese.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.