Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Same issue. Just unboxed the HP Omen 1100 keyboard and tried using it on 4 different computers. Three laptops running Windows 10 OS and one running RHEL 7, all with the same exact results. 

1. Plug in keyboard -> lights on the keyboard turn on

2. Try typing something -> nothing happens

3. Hold down a key for ~2 seconds, 4+ keystrokes get reported 

I've tried to update drivers (there are none to be found), I've downloaded the HP Omen software (only allows me to change the lighting), rebooted, etc. 

What am I missing here? Shouldn't this keyboard be as easy and plug and play??  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I bought a new keyboard last night from a Walmart nearby and it appears to be working fine.  I have no idea what was wrong with the first one that I bought but apparently it's a defective keyboard.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@John_O_M

You can retun it within 30 days as shown

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-by-hp-keyboard-1100

or swap to a different one.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, however, I'm not looking for information on return policy unless this issue is a true indicator that I bought a defective keyboard.  I'm currenty away on business travel at a remote location and can't conveniently swap this keyboard out with another one.  

If this keyboard is fine and it's an operator error then I'd like to know what I need to do to get it to work. Someone else reported the same exact issue and they were given a solution that seemed pretty irrelevant (considering the fact that they were given a user manual for a completely different keyboard). 

Hopefully this is something that others have run in to before and it has an easy solution, even if its a painfully obvious issue. 

HP Recommended

I bought a new keyboard last night from a Walmart nearby and it appears to be working fine.  I have no idea what was wrong with the first one that I bought but apparently it's a defective keyboard.  

HP Recommended

Hi @John_O_M,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand, keyboard does not work,

Since you've tried possible troubleshooting and the keyboard does not function. I would suggest you contact our phone support. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the welcome and the info. 

However, the time and energy that it would require to call in to the support line (I'm in a remote site with no cell signal during all normal business hours) as well as to send this keyboard in, wait for it to be "repaired," and then wait for it to be shipped back to me, would not be worth my time or my sanity. Much easier to get a replacement by returning the keyboard to the location where it was purchased and exchange it for a new one. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.