Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have an omen 15-dc0003la the last time the WASD keys turned on was the last Sundays night, but last Wednesday they flickered for a moment before turning on. In that occasion I solved the issue in OCC turning off and on the lights.

I have the following steps I read in the forum to try to solve it:

• Restarting with all peripherals disconnected
  • Updating drivers and BIOS (I only found drivers for OS v.1903)
  • Restoring BIOS default settings in safe start up
  • Uninstalling command center and reinstalling on windows store
  • Uninstalling all keyboard related drivers with all peripherals disconnected and then restarting again
  • Changing colors back to default ( they still change to a different color)
  • Trying a different range of colors( it always will find a correspondingly different color to change to, though it does stay constant with whatever secondary color it chooses)
  • Microsoft troubleshooting hardware and updtae options
  • Downloading the latest version of HP Hardware Diagnostics 

I haven't tried the system restore because I will lost some of my programs.

My current BIOS is .12

My OS 1909

My OCC is 10.0.20.0

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MasterKiller92 Please attempt the system restore as well, as it doesn't involve loosing data/programs, it merely changes the settings of your device to an earlier date, when the device was working fine: click here for details, 

In the meantime, please try the reinstalling the software used to configure the keyword lights,

And I suggest you go into the lighting option as shown below and ensure the static color is chosen instead of color loop and check if that work:

(Your product may have a different pic instead of Omen X, but the software should have similar options)

Lighting type off

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't have  anything in my restore points. I didn't have this option turned on.

I have reinstalled the software used to configure the keyword lights. My omen only have static and off. I have switch a couple of times between the two options with out success.

HP Recommended

@MasterKiller92 If those are the only two options, that would mean its designed to change the colors the way its changing, there's nothing we can do about it, except turning it off, if you don't want to use it, I hope you understand.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I know that if I can choose any other option. Mi problem is that if WASD keys do not turn on in any color or intensity when I select static.

HP Recommended

@MasterKiller92 Does that mean the color and intensity in other options work fine with the WASD keys? If none of the options works with those keys, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.