Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15 Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I don't know it this is related but the keys stopped working after this action.So I recently bought the videogame Life is Strange fizical copy and I entered the cd and everything worked fine till I entered the code to verify that I owned the game.The code containded the letters on the keys that I have a problem with and I had no problem typing them.But after a few minutes I realized when I was talking to a friend online that the specific keys won't work.I bought the game from a big verified store (MediaMarkt) so it can't be viruses and also because I have the fizical copy.I know it sounds weird because I'm pretty sure the program can't affect the keyboard.Is it a coincidence or its the program fault?I also connected a usb keyboard to the laptop to see if the keys are damaged but I had the same problem on the usb keyboard.I haven't spillt any liquid on the laptop and I bought the laptop almost an year ago so its pretty new.I also updated the keyboard driver,uninstalled it and restarted the laptop.I need help please.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JockJonse I'm sure it wasn't easy to write all that using the touch keyboard, that said, the game may not be causing this issue, however, considering the fact that the issue occurred after you installed it, I suggest you install the latest version of the chipset and BIOS updates to ensure there aren't any conflicts causing the malfunction: click here to find and install the same.

Once done, restart the device and if the issue persists, please create a new user account and check if that works fine.

If the issue occurs on both the internal and the external keyboard, it is most likely a software conflict, I suggest you remove the game or consider contacting the game manufacturer to check why it isn't working before uninstalling it.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried everything that you said,but nothing worked.I even created a new user but again I coudn't write anithing with the problematic letters and I updated the bios.I now connected the USB keyboard and now they work but only on the connected keybord.I really don't know what to say because I haven't damaged the keys so I really don't know what to do.I think I'm gonna go to service.I think i have no other option because I tried everything.Thanks for helping.

HP Recommended

@JockJonse

Run a component test on the keyboard to check for hardware issue.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click component Test.

5. Click keyboard.

If the test fails, that should be a hardware issue.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.