Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14-dk1013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is the proper 10 pin ssd connector for the expanded storage? I have already opened it up for verification for the expansion. I just don't want to buy something that was meant for another model and not work. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@azntactical, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you need information on the storage connector. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for assistance and part availability.

The service guide for this product can be found here

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good luck getting one from HP or their repair contractors. The one in my area won't even talk about selling a cable, but will gladly have me drop my laptop off for an "evaluation."

I accidentally ordered a 10 pin from here, when I needed an 8 pin. It came fast and was in great shape. They even offered to send me an 8 pin when I contacted them. (They contacted me after I'd already ordered an 8 pin with a mounting kit from another source. Still they seem good.)

https://totallaptopsolutions.com/products/926844-001-hp-hard-drive-cable-15-cc055od-grade-a

Write them and tell them what you need, see if this matches.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.