azntactical
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

10 pin ssd cable for secondary storage expansion

HP Recommended
HP 14-dk1013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is the proper 10 pin ssd connector for the expanded storage? I have already opened it up for verification for the expansion. I just don't want to buy something that was meant for another model and not work. 

2 REPLIES 2
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,946 18,948 1,350 1,561
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@azntactical, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you need information on the storage connector. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for assistance and part availability.

The service guide for this product can be found here

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
No_Beret
Level 4
39 36 6 13
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good luck getting one from HP or their repair contractors. The one in my area won't even talk about selling a cable, but will gladly have me drop my laptop off for an "evaluation."

I accidentally ordered a 10 pin from here, when I needed an 8 pin. It came fast and was in great shape. They even offered to send me an 8 pin when I contacted them. (They contacted me after I'd already ordered an 8 pin with a mounting kit from another source. Still they seem good.)

https://totallaptopsolutions.com/products/926844-001-hp-hard-drive-cable-15-cc055od-grade-a

Write them and tell them what you need, see if this matches.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation