Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (95 Views)

12 cell battery dv7 note book

Product Name: HP Pavilion dv7t-6100 CTO Quad
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i just baught a new 12 cell battery for this laptop. i needed longer battery life. i put the battery in the laptop and it fully charged over night. the battery is an hp battery. when i went to test the battery for an estimate of how long  it would last by removing the ac cord the computer imeditatly shut off. I've run all the tests i can think of and all test say the battery is good and fully charged. i put the old battery back in and it kept the laptop powered on with out the ac cord. i uninstalled the windows complience driver and let that reinstall.  any other ideas ideas?

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (56 Views)

Re: 12 cell battery dv7 note book

Hi @stassinarisa,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with battery not power the computer. I will be glad to help you.

I think you have done most if this, but please follow the step in order. Some times the order make the differents.

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 7)

The last step is to replace the battery, so contact who you purchase the battery from.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance. In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. Thanks. 

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation