Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 6530hp pavilion 14 ce0594sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

help needed i have bought a v-nand ssd 970 evo nvme m.2 to upgrade my hard drive from 128gb to 1tb but the computer doesn't seem to recognise it is there anything i can do?  samsung have a driver for the ssd but i cant load the driver in the windows install screen is there something im missing or does this hard simply not work with this computer?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@Davidambris,

Welcome to HP Community!

I have gone through your post and would like to help

As per the Service Guide, the Notebook supports up to M.2, PCIe, NVMe, solid-state drive: 512 GB and 256 GB.

Refer Maintenance and Service Guide HP Pavilion 14 Laptop PC link page 11 .

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

well thats not true as i now have a 1tb hard drive but thanks for the info i guess

HP Recommended

If the Hard Disk Error message displays when you start your computer, run the Hard Disk Test in System Diagnostics.

NOTE: 

If the error message indicates 3F0 error or Boot Device Not Found, determine if your computer has Optane memory installed and configured correctly. See HP Consumer Desktop PCs - Boot Device Not Found (3F0) or Automatic Repair Errors for desktops or HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Boot Device Not Found (3F0) or Automatic Repair Errors for notebooks. For more information about Optane memory, see HP PCs - Installing and Using Intel Optane.

Test the hard drive using HP Hardware Diagnostics

Use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics even if the computer does not open to Windows. Start with the Quick Test (2 to 3 minutes). If the Quick Test does not find a problem, run the Extensive Test (2 hours or more). The Extensive Test includes a Loop Until Error option.

NOTE: 

If the test cannot run and the Hard Disk Does Not Exist message displays, contact HP Customer Support for assistance.

1. Plug the AC adapter into the computer.

2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

3. Turn on the computer and start pressing Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  4. When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics menu displays, click Component Tests.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

5. In the Component Tests menu, click Hard Drive, and then click Quick Test.

6. Click Run once.

Running the Hard Drive Quick Test

7. The Hard Drive Quick Test begins. If the computer has more than one hard drive, select the drive you want to test. To test all the hard drives, select Test All Hard Drives.

When the test is complete, the screen displays the results. Test results are also available in the Test Logs on the main menu.

8. If the hard drive passes the Quick Test, but a there is still a problem with the hard drive, run the Extensive Test. This test includes the SMART Check, Short DST, Optimized DST, and Long DST. To run these tests individually, select them from the Hard Drive Tests menu.

If the hard drive fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

If the test passes but the error message continues to display, proceed to the next step.

If the Hard Drive Test displays an error message and a warranty ID code, contact HP.

The customer service agent will ask you for the 24-digit code if they need to setup a repair or replace the hard drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.