Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14-bp059sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have added a 256gb m.2 drive to a 14-bp059sa but the laptop will not detect it in computer management or the f9 boot options.

I know it is a very very cheap laptop but I assume the m.2 should work and hp haven't stopped it from working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

What type of SSD did you install?

NVMe SSD's are not supported at all.  Only SATA.

See chapter 1 of the service manual.

HP 14s Laptop PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP authorized...

There are a few HP notebook models that come with the eMMC drives where the M.2 slot is disabled, and no M.2 drive will work, and I don't know if yours is one of those.

If you installed a SATA SSD, then it must be.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

What type of SSD did you install?

NVMe SSD's are not supported at all.  Only SATA.

See chapter 1 of the service manual.

HP 14s Laptop PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP authorized...

There are a few HP notebook models that come with the eMMC drives where the M.2 slot is disabled, and no M.2 drive will work, and I don't know if yours is one of those.

If you installed a SATA SSD, then it must be.

HP Recommended

Yea it was nvme. I am sending it back and have a m.2 SATA drive coming tomorrow. Hopefully it works and the m2 isn't disabled

HP Recommended

I hope so too, because there are a couple of models like yours where the M.2 slot is disabled.

Then there is this model series where the M.2 slot works.

Solved: Question re HP 14-fq0045nr - HP Support Community - 8376107

Please post back and let us know the results, so the next time someone has a problem like yours, I can let them know what their options are.

HP Recommended

Yea m.2 SATA drive works fine

HP Recommended

That's great news. 

Thanks for letting us know. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.