Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Documentation on this device is sparse.

1.Can I install a M2 PCIe NVMe SSD to this system? (14s-cf30712u)

2. which service guide applies to this  model?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@loaded-dog,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Yes, you can install an M.2 NVMe SSD in an HP Compaq 14s-cf30712u (reference: https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/hp-14s-cf30712u).

Unfortunately, HP service guides for this laptop -and many others, are all down at the moment.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

I did  see the CRUCIAL info early in my investigation and was heartened.

However, I subsequently took the cover off and eyeballed the motherboard. I couldn't  see where the M2 might plug in...  No spare connectors with the right pin config were visible..

I have refitted the bottom cover, so cant quote the motherboard p/n.

I wont commit to a purchase until I can see a schematic  that matches the M/B.  Accordingly, I will retry HP for the appropriate service guide to confirm.

Again, thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You have confirmed my worst fears. 

I  think that my course of action now involves  dumping windows and installing  a more storage efficient O/S... (Linux) and convincing my wife to save her stuff in the cloud.

I do think that HP could be more forthcoming about limitations on systems like these.  As I said initially, information is sparse. It was very difficult to  nail this  down. thanks to you for your help.

cheers,

HP Recommended

@TzortzisG,

Yea, as I indicated in my response: "Unfortunately, HP service guides for this laptop -and many others, are all down at the moment."

The Crucial link -generally- gets it right, but not all the time.

But even if the HP manual was accessible when I looked, as @Paul_Tikkanen remarked, quote:

"Only the models with the Intel core processors have M.2 slots.  Unfortunately, this is not indicated in chapter 1 of the service manual like it usually is." -emphasis added.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.