Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

15t Battery Not Charging after Battery Recall Check

Envy 15t-j100
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I was notified of the battery recall and removed the battery to get its serial number.  After putting the battery back in it will no longer charge.  The light next to the power cord plug in also is no longer lit even with the power cord in.  I ensured the powere cord was properly pluged in. 

Everything was fine pior to removing it and putting it back in.  Very strange.  Is there something that has to be done once a battery is taken out and put back it?

I have found the issue.  Although everything was plugged in properly the transformer failed (???) .  Replacing it with another I had did the trick.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2840 184 355
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

15t Battery Not Charging after Battery Recall Check

Hey @DelawareTom, 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I will do my absolute best to help you toward a solution with your Notebook not starting. 

Please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. Please make sure that you do not have any external devices connected (mouse, keyboard, usb devices, etc.) as these can cause issues. 

I went to your HP ENVY 15t-j100 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC page and seen the HP Battery Recall you were referring to. 

If there is no noise from the computer case or fans, the lights on the computer do not illuminate (including keyboard LEDs), and the screen is not receiving a video signal, your computer might not be receiving power.

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in the Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge document to troubleshoot the notebook power supply. 

If you remove the notebook battery, plug the AC power cable into the notebook (while the battery is out), then turn it on, does it power the Notebook?

Have you tried to start in Safe Mode?

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Have you tried to see if you can test for hardware failures?

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights

I would like to provide you with a document called Computer Does Not Start. In this document, you will find the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the questions above. 

If this reply resolves your issue, please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button at the bottom of this post. 

Please let me know the detailed answers/results of the troubleshooting provided.

To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks for joining the HP Support Community!

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation