Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 15T-K000 Laptop Non-Touch
Hello...can you please tell me the replacement part numbers  of a broken hinge on an HP Envy 15T-k000 Laptop this is a NON-Touch Laptop. I have the following numbers that I took from the brackets

FBY1400401C
Y14-N
Y14-SNR-R

from the Label:
rmn: TPN-Q140
P/N: GOT55AV
15T-K000

I checked with the HP manuel and it says Brackets are: 762520-001 but they will not work.

Thank you.
Rocky
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@RockyD1

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 15t-k000 Notebook and you need the replacement part numbers for the hinges. Thanks for providing the product details befoe hand. 

I did some digging on this case and found that the correct part number for the display hinges is 720548-001 (includes left and right hinges, left and right hinge covers, and left and right hinge brackets).

Also, you may view the detailed maintenance and service guide for your laptop by clicking here.

I hope this answers your question. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello...thank you for the quick reply.  I don't think the part number is correct.  I am attaching a picture of the brackets & hinges I reamoved from the laptop.  I also am attaching a set from ebay with the same numbers, they don't look the same.  The first picture is what I removed from the laptop.

15t-k000 Removed from Laptop.jpg

Here is the one I found on ebay with the numbers you gave me.

720548-001 Hinges found on ebay.jpg

Thank you for your help. 

Rocky

HP Recommended

@RockyD1

Hi Rocky, thanks for sharing the images.

I tried searching for the hinges (720548-001) on Google Images and verified that they look the same. Also, as per the user guide, I sent you, these are the correct numbers.

You may also verify in the HP PartSurfer website

Feel free to reply for any questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Mkanzi...thanks for the reply.  But, I compare the brackets and your numbers, and I am sorry, but your parts numbers are wrong.  Yeah it looks the same as the guide...well then the guide is wrong, because what I have is not the same.

Please look again in a different book or guide.  Are you using the numbers I gave you?  Can you see the difference?

Thanks

Rocky

again: 

S/N: 5CD4322X9G

RMN:  TPN-Q140

P/N: GOT55AV

NON-TOUCH LAPTOP:  15T-K000

ON THE BRACKET: FBY1400401C

Y14-SNR-R

Y14-N

Thanks again,

Rocky

HP Recommended

@RockyD1

You're welcome. 

Yes, I have checked the part number you mentioned (762520-001). But the user guide does not have this part number mentioned in it. To avoid any confusion before you order the part, I suggest you contact our HP phone support team and they will check and left you know the part availability and also the hardware options available. 

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. I'm always here to help. Take care! 🙂 

HP Recommended

Mkanzi...I tried looking for support and there is no number to call.  I can't even get your system to recoginze the serial # for the laptop.  So, I have included the pic for you or anyone who can help me. 

Thank you

Rocky

#HP Envy 15T-k000.jpg

HP Recommended

@RockyD1

May I know your country of your residence, please?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

USA

HP Recommended

@RockyD1

Please view my private message. I have sent you the contact information for the HP phone support team.

Cheers!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.