Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@DM

Agree in spades. LIke you I am advising anyone considering buying a device never to touch HP with their longest bargepole. Apparently HP are arrogant enough to believe that they can abuse their (previously loyal) customers with impunity.

HP Recommended

Hello,
Sorry for the late response. I have been busy with a busy college semester and haven't had the time to respond until now. Is there anything that can be done with what seems to be a rather drastic design flaw? Thank you for your much needed help.

HP Recommended

Hello, I am an owner of an HP Envy laptop that also seems to have the same issue. Recently the hinge on the left side, below the power button has begun to come apart despite relatively light use. I have been careful whenever using the laptop and rarely transport the laptop out of my home. I believe my warranty is expired, but am wondering if HP can provide any type of support for what seems like a widespread design flaw. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

HP Recommended

OK time for me to update my situation. I posted about 3 weeks ago with the same problem as most, failure of the left hinge. I took it to a local repair shop after not receiving a quick response from HP and they epoxied the hinge as some suggested. This lasted one day. That was when HP contacted me about my machine. I told them the situation, and that I had already attempted a repair at a local shop. They said that was OK, sent me a box via Fedex with a form, and I shipped the laptop to them the same day. I had checked failure of the left hinge, power button was acting up, speakers weren't working. They received the laptop on July 3rd and contacted me that they were working on it. Their communication was sparse, and after about 12 days I received a voice mail saying they did  not have the parts to fix it and we could discuss "options to repair". Called them back, left message, no return call. That same day I got an email from HP service saying the computer HAD been repaired and was on its way. Two days later I received it via Fedex. They replaced the base of the computer, possibly the keyboard area, power switch, put in new speakers and a new hard drive. All at no cost on a 3 year old computer (out of warranty). Except for removing Windows 10 and MS Office and a few apps, this was relatively pain free and aside from the strange lack of communication towards the end I'm very happy with the results. Because the design flaw is still there the hinge will most likely fail again (I'll start saving for a new computer) but they took care of me and I'm satisfied with the results. Just posting this so you can see their system can work. Good luck to all.

HP Recommended

Hello
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. If you have any additional information, we recommend edit or start a new post.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

HP Recommended

There is a history of this. I had a 17 inch Envy in 2014 (brokein same area)...My brother had one at the same time, (tore up, same area). My sister has one, 2 years old,  entire face pulled off...Like an idiot, I purchased another 17 inch in about 2017 and **bleep** if it isn't falling apart, right now, held together by duct tape. These Envys suck and I will NOT be purchasing another. Four in one family...can you believe that? This is not a coincidence these are inferior laptops!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.