Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have a new HP Envy 17m-ce0013dx and need to buy the hard drive rubber caddy and the SATA drive connector for the motherboard.  I guess that HP made some with this model number with a 1TB SATA HDD and some, like mine came with a 512GB Optane/SSD hybrid storage module.  I have opened the bottom up and the 2.5" SATA bay is there but I need these two parts.  Part numbers from the factory service manual...

* Hard drive rubber holder - L52662-001

* Hard drive connector/cable - L52656-001

Both of these show as not available for order on the HP parts website.  Any ideas on where to source these from?

20190525_054909.jpg20190525_062434.jpg20190525_062440.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@59ctd 

Many parts with prefix L are new. I think HP won't put them on stores until at the right time.

>>>> Where to get unavailable parts?

Well, you have to wait few more months or source on eBay, Amazon.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

@59ctd 

Many parts with prefix L are new. I think HP won't put them on stores until at the right time.

>>>> Where to get unavailable parts?

Well, you have to wait few more months or source on eBay, Amazon.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I had a problem with this laptop as well.  I bought at BestBuy and it came with Window 10 Home.  Well, the first one worked for about 2hrs and then said it didn't have an operating system.  ?????   I brought that one back and got another one.  It worked for two days when I got the same message:  No operating system!  But it was working!!!!  I still don't know what happened.  I got a MacBook Pro but I'm not happy with it.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue you are having. I called HP tech support more than once and was finally told any SATA cable would work. Well... kind of true...it has to have 12 gold contacts. I found one on Amazon that works perfectly on my 17m-ce0013dx machine. It was a little long but I was able to fold it over. Here's the info if you want to check it out.

Deal4GO SSD HDD Hard Drive Cable SATA Connector Adapter for HP Envy X360 M6-AR M6-AQ005DX M6-AQ003DX X360 M6-AQ 450.07K06.0001

HP Recommended

Thank you.  Going to try this.  I have an envy 17t-ceooo with an m.2 SSD.  Trying to add a Samsung EVO 860 2tb SSD 2.5 inch only to discover no SATA connector or drive bay enclosure.  Paid HP for an overnight delivery a week ago.     I hope it works!

HP Recommended

My laptop is a 17m-ce0013dx. A 17t will use a different cable. They are available on Amazon as well.

HP Recommended

Thanks. I actually managed to get HP to ship the part today. 

HP Recommended

Bctophies,
Are you confirming that the X360 SATA cable is compatible with the 17m-ce? 12 pins, right?

My previous model 17m-ae only had 9 pins (or 10 with one blank).

Thank You,
sf

HP Recommended

59ctd,
It has been about 4 months (since May 2019) and I just checked with HP again (Sept 2019) - HP still says "not available".
Can anyone find and confirm a proper cable for use with 17m-ce0013dx?

Thank You,
sf

HP Recommended

LWolfie,
Did you receive this part yet L52656-001? 
I just called HP again and the store says "none available" as of 9/9/2019?
Please confirm as soon as you receive and that it fits.
Thank You,

sf

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.