Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Search this on Amazon.com: Deal4GO SSD HDD Hard Drive Cable SATA Connector Adapter for HP Envy X360 M6-AR M6-AQ005DX M6-AQ003DX X360 M6-AQ 450.07K06.0001

This cable works in my 17m-ce0013dx. I installed a 1TB SSD, works great!

HP Recommended

I added the recommended cable...

Deal4GO SSD HDD Hard Drive Cable SATA Connector Adapter for HP Envy X360 M6-AR M6-AQ005DX M6-AQ003DX X360 M6-AQ 450.07K06.0001

The added SSD (1TB) does seem to work just fine.

Also around the same time I updated to BIOS F.05 rev A.  Now I have unending errors (see bottom of msg) when the PC tries to turn off the screen after 10mins of nonuse.  It shuts off the display but never locks and it does the device disconnect/reconnect sound about 30 times per minute.  It does this endlessly (for hours) until Windows goes wonky and responds erratically after.  Needless to say this is exceedingly annoying...

I did remove the addl SSD and the cable added in at the same time to test if that might be the issue.  Still having the same errors in event viewer.  I have tried to downgrade to BIOS F.04 Rev A but I cannot figure out how to successfully flash the prior BIOS image.  The F.04 download won't flash from Windows installer and the option to use/boot from a USB flash drive image is also not working.

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x4
Secondary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary Device Name:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9DBC&SUBSYS_85E5103C&REV_F0
Secondary Device Name:

HP Recommended

LWolfie,
Did you receive this part yet L52656-001?

I have the same problem (installing an HDD) and my cable is also listed as Part #L52656-001. I have given up on HP as a source and I found this cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KFCSG5G/ (This is the "BONBON15"/450.07K06.0001 part) and multiple HP ENVY Laptop 17-ce1xxx users claim it has worked perfectly.  I will be installing my Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB SATA drive as soon as I can get my hands on the cable. For my build, that will be a 1TB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD and the above SSHD. That'll do.

HP Recommended

I received the cable and it is perfect. The length is just slightly longer than a factory SATA cable, but it loops over itself easily and connects flawlessly. 
Now my new problem is that once it is connected the device will not startup!   I get a flashing power button and no response from the bios or screen.  HELP?

HP Recommended

I didn't encounter any issues when I installed my 1TB SSD. The only thing I had to do was initialize the drive. Are you trying to install a SSD or HDD?

HP Recommended

Hmmmm,,,It sounds like the an error in the BIOS update. I did not need to do a BIOS update on my machine. Is that the correct BIOS update for your machine?

HP Recommended

Just got off the phone with Segate. The FireCuda SHDD is DOA.  It failed their testing software so they are replacing the drive. 

HP Recommended

That's good! Glad you got it figured out. If I can help out in the future, let me know.

HP Recommended

The Bios is accurate and the only one listed for my machine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.